I went out for 1 hour. Walked the first 30 minutes then did intervals on the return, run for 1 minute walk for 2. It was fabulous. I went a little further out today, in the same amount of time, and ran a little harder on the intervals. It felt great!! Yesterday I went 3.5 miles in 54 minutes. Today I went 3.6 miles in 53 minutes. Woo Hoo!!!
A couple of things I've learned/realized/decided/whatever:
- I've been running wrong lately. Just running for 1 minute I just run. But when I've been heading out for a run I've been holding myself back and therefore not running right. I realize this probably makes no sense, but it does to me. My stride has been screwy, that's the best way to put it.
-Tinman is out. I've contacted them and they may let me transfer registration to next year, but I'm not going to kill myself when I just don't feel up to it.
- So, marathon training begins. I am spending a couple of weeks building up my running and then it's right into the plan. I have 2 marathons 6 weeks apart, I better get ready. After that I can relax and maybe look for some Outer Banks rentals ;)
- Though running will be my main focus I will still be swimming and biking. I'll probably do the Na Wahine Sprint in September.
- I'm adding strength training back into the mix. Probably do them in the morning before swimming, we'll see.
- The quickest way to get me to want to run is to make me walk. Walking is boring!!!
Okay, now it's off to weigh-in. I had a pretty fantastic week, so we'll see if it's reflected on the scale.
It's like I turned 60 and all kinds of weird shit starting happening. Well, I'm done with it. I've been getting these weird st...
The muscles used in pull-ups: The muscles used in push ups: The muscles used in a kettlebell swing: That is what I have, a seriousl...
I am walking on my treadmill at the moment. It is 5:30 a.m. and I really want to do another 5 minutes or so. I started my 2nd week of WW o...
My foot hurts. Specifically my left foot hurts on the inside of the heel, it's almost the Achilles tendon but not quite. Right there w...