I went out for 1 hour. Walked the first 30 minutes then did intervals on the return, run for 1 minute walk for 2. It was fabulous. I went a little further out today, in the same amount of time, and ran a little harder on the intervals. It felt great!! Yesterday I went 3.5 miles in 54 minutes. Today I went 3.6 miles in 53 minutes. Woo Hoo!!!
A couple of things I've learned/realized/decided/whatever:
- I've been running wrong lately. Just running for 1 minute I just run. But when I've been heading out for a run I've been holding myself back and therefore not running right. I realize this probably makes no sense, but it does to me. My stride has been screwy, that's the best way to put it.
-Tinman is out. I've contacted them and they may let me transfer registration to next year, but I'm not going to kill myself when I just don't feel up to it.
- So, marathon training begins. I am spending a couple of weeks building up my running and then it's right into the plan. I have 2 marathons 6 weeks apart, I better get ready. After that I can relax and maybe look for some Outer Banks rentals ;)
- Though running will be my main focus I will still be swimming and biking. I'll probably do the Na Wahine Sprint in September.
- I'm adding strength training back into the mix. Probably do them in the morning before swimming, we'll see.
- The quickest way to get me to want to run is to make me walk. Walking is boring!!!
Okay, now it's off to weigh-in. I had a pretty fantastic week, so we'll see if it's reflected on the scale.
For years I lived my life in the 'when'. When I start running again. When I start eating right.... When I do this.... or that......
The muscles used in pull-ups: The muscles used in push ups: The muscles used in a kettlebell swing: That is what I have, a seriousl...
My foot hurts. Specifically my left foot hurts on the inside of the heel, it's almost the Achilles tendon but not quite. Right there w...
I am walking on my treadmill at the moment. It is 5:30 a.m. and I really want to do another 5 minutes or so. I started my 2nd week of WW o...