24 January 2016

There comes a day....

just going to leave this right here for those times when I question what I'm doing.

Sh*t just got real all up in here.......

My last post was never quite finished. I was an ongoing post all day yesterday and I just decided to publish it this morning and start a new post. Yesterday, every time something came up, I would write a little in the post. The thoughts will be ongoing for a long time, so I just decided to publish the post unfinished. Life is like that sometimes.

Yesterday afternoon, I sat down with Hubby and laid it all out for him. I tried not to influence his decision either way, just laid out the pros and cons of leaving and staying. Then asked him to think about it and let me know what he thinks. Well, last night at dinner he said he had thought about it most of the day and thought we should leave. Uhhhhhh........ I honestly was not expecting that from him. I really thought he would want to stay longer. He does want to stay until August or September. That makes it a little bit difficult as school usually starts in August, so if I was to get a teaching job I would need to be there. But then I thought, no we could make it work. I can sub for the time we remain here and when we settle on a place to live, I can sub there for a while. So this could work. But crap it's scary. I really, really thought he would say to stay longer. I was completely not expecting this at all. See, just when you think you know someone........ So that means the next few months will be busy, busy, busy. We have a ton of stuff to clear out. The carport needs to be rebuilt. We need to paint the house, inside and out, and make some minor repairs around the place. Plus there is just a ton of stuff to either dump or sell. I see many garage sales in our future. Yikes.....I'm tired just thinking about it. Our son is coming for a visit Wednesday to Monday, so nothing will happen yet. But as soon as he leaves, we need to kick it into high gear. Wow, my head is spinning a little. Things seem to be happening so quickly. They are not, I know, but once the decision is made - boom - time to move.

I hope this is the right decision. I hope we made the right choice. I hope we are doing the right thing. It is so easy to stay in one place and not change things, it is much more difficult to make a big change. I pray this is the right decision.

The quote of the day on my blog is: Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.
Clare Boothe Luce

Wow, talk about timing.

Still waffling

I usually find, that when I have a troubling problem, if I think it through thoroughly and then walk away from it, I generally come up with a solution. So after spilling my guts last night, I watched TV, colored, and went to bed. Hoping that something would come to me. It did not. What did happen is that some additional concerns arose and were added to the mix. Hubby's social security might be garnished due to an ancient child support battle. Hubby and the ex settled the child support issue, but the f*cked up state of Cal won't let it go. So if that happens and we are still here, nothing changes and life goes on as before. If that happens and we are in the midst of a move, it might be a problem. But, if we are in the midst of a move that means we've sold the house and might have the money to just pay that off and be done. But, if we stay and let them take the social security for a while, next year the balance will be quite a bit lower and less will come out of our pocket. The social security is going to be like extra money so losing it for a while shouldn't be too great a burden. I read that they can only take 65% of the social security. He will be eligible for about $1900 so they would take $1235 leaving us an additional $700ish a month. That would not be a bad deal. We could sock that $700 away to save for the move. In 9 months we could have ~$6000 which we could use for the upfront costs of the move before we sell the house. And if they are taking $1200 a month, that will reduce our final bill by $10,000 when we do sell the house.

Yeah, we are not prepared to sell the house now. It needs a lot of work and we need to have some money set aside for the costs of the move that will come before we get the money from the house. All thing focus on this move. This move is happening and there is nothing that will stop it. Our past history shows a series of 'snap' decisions that did not turn out exactly as expected. Except for Bella, she turned out far better than expected :) And because this move is so huge. It is not like when we moved here. We just shipped the bare minimum and left everything else behind. Can't do that this time. We are older and have more stuff and the house.

Monsoon season has arrived

and we got our first rain yesterday. Actually, it's still raining a little this morning. It wasn't a lot of rain, but it was rain....