So I was tagged by Ellie and I have to state 7 random things about myself. Okay, here goes.....
1) When I was 18 I worked in an adult theater. I'll let you try to figure out what I did there :)
2) I entered the army at 22. I was supposed to go into intelligence. I was going to learn Russian and be a spy. I had lied on my application and the FBI scared me so much that I ended up getting out at the earliest possible moment.
3) I can be painfully shy. I have to force myself to talk to people, even people I know. As a result I don't have a lot of friends.
4) I am an unbelievable Anglophile. When I was in my late teens, early twenties, I was absolutely convinced that I was going to go to England and marry Andrew. I did not want to marry Charles because I had no desire to be queen. I thought Andrew was to die for. Still do :) I still follow the lives of the Royals like it's my job. They absolutely fascinate me.
5) I seriously do not understand the attraction of children. I had my daughter when I was 18 and even now, 30 years later, I can describe in vivid detail every single second of the 26 hours of labor. After she was born I swore I was never, ever doing that again and I honestly don't understand how, or why, women do it. And don't even get me started on how ugly maternity clothing was in the 70's.
6) I love TV. I could sit and watch for hours, days, weeks.... I don't. It has become a big treat for me to sit and watch a show. I love it.
7) When I was in my 20's I did not honestly believe that I would live to see old age. The type of life I was living did not lend itself to a long life (hello!! I worked in an adult theater!!). As a result I did not do things in the time that most people did. I went to college and started getting healthy at 36. I have a lot of ground to make up :)
There you have it. As a bonus one, it took me 3.5 hours to write this post because I had a hard time thinking of 7 things I thought would be interesting.
I'm supposed to tag 7 people but I've seen so many people do this I don't want to double tag someone. If you are reading this and haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged.
One of the many, many things I love about AltShift is the mental part. We don't stop and start the program, we deviate and then get b...
The muscles used in pull-ups: The muscles used in push ups: The muscles used in a kettlebell swing: That is what I have, a seriousl...
My foot hurts. Specifically my left foot hurts on the inside of the heel, it's almost the Achilles tendon but not quite. Right there w...
I am walking on my treadmill at the moment. It is 5:30 a.m. and I really want to do another 5 minutes or so. I started my 2nd week of WW o...