I have a terrible habit of getting stuck in ruts. Now don't get me wrong, I like routine, but ruts are a different story. Ruts can be harmful if you are not careful. I realized that I am in a rut and I need to shake things up. As I eluded to yesterday, last week was a train wreck. I hardly worked out, I ate like crap, I didn't walk the dogs, a complete and total train wreck. A large part of it has to do with my thought processes. I am always looking to the next thing. I can never see to focus on the present and I am looking to the future. As a result I lose sight of what's important. Also, my knee is acting and when I walk my back hurts. I know this is due to my weight. If I have any plans of not being in pain, I have to lose weight. So, in light of the train wreck that was last week and the fact that I am tired of being in pain, I am instituting a few changes.
- Crossfit and dog walking are non-negotiable. No matter how tired/hungry/lazy/whatever I am I will do both.
- Eating right is non-negotiable. I will only eat good, whole foods and I will not, under any conditions, eat sugar. Sugar is completely verboten.
- When at work I will focus solely on work. No Facebook, no Walden, no nothing, only work.
- I will not beat myself up for not working on Walden work. I will work on it when I can and when I'm motivated to. If I'm not motivated to do it, I won't and I will not beat myself up about it. I will get it done.
- Water, water, water...I will drown in it.......
Okay, I need to start viewing things in this way and not as if I'm trying. Do or do not, there is no try. That is how I will view things. Okay, now my schedule for this week:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Crossfit
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday - dog walk
Wednesday I have an open house so I will not have time to walk the dogs but I may be able to squeeze in Crossfit.
Okay, I'm changing the way I think and I'm going to change my world. Yes!!!!