24 June 2006

Whew, what a day....

I have had just a great day.

It started with my bike ride to WW. My first ride with my bike shoes. I was so nervous but they turned out to be great. Why didn't someone tell me???? I discovered a couple of things during this ride.
  • I had apparently been holding my foot in some weird way. After every ride my right knee would bother me just a bit. Not today. It felt perfect after my ride.
  • My lower back didn't hurt at all. After a long ride my lower back starts to ache. Not today.
  • I rode faster. It usually takes me about 45 minutes to get to WW. Not today. I took me 35 minutes. Woo Hoo!!!!
  • It was totally fun!!!!

Okay, I did fall once and it was completely embarrassing but not very painful. Trying to get out of the way of a pick-up backing up I ended up going really slow and decided I needed to put my foot down and stop. Good idea, accept I tried to just put my foot down. Probably want to unclip first. It was very interesting because there was one clear moment when I realized, I'm going down, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I ended up on the ground laughing while the poor guy in the pick-up thought he hit me. So I've fallen and lived through it, hopefully I'll be less worried about it from here on out.

My bike ride ended up being 18 miles in 1:53. Now, I need to explain that. I was cruising through an area looking at houses for sale. Yes, we've decided to break down and buy a house. This is not something I really want to do, but it's become a financial must. So I've begun the hunt.

After my bike ride, I ended up at the Racquet Club. Hubby was working so I hung around the pool reading waiting for him. I tried to swim in the pool but it's like 10 feet long; 4 strokes and I was at the end. In 3 minutes I did 6 laps. It was too weird. So I read my book.

Once hubby was done we headed over the hill so I could go to work. A half hour there and we were heading back to our usual Ruby Tuesday's Saturday lunch.

We then cruised the mall and picked up a couple of knick knacks for the house. Then it was home, load up the dogs and off to the beach.

Whew, I'm tired. It was a good day. I'm going to have dinner and head to bed early. I plan on getting up early tomorrow to run. After about 7:30 it's too hot to run so I'd like to be done by then.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

End of the year

 and I am just so completely done. I'm not necessarily tired. I'm worn out. I'm worn down. My soul has been drained out of me. I...