14 January 2008

Wow, what a weekend.....

It was one of those weekends that started on Thursday and just didn't seem to end.

Thursday night was cycling clinic. We did a workout on the turbo trainer that completely and totally kicked my butt. By the time I got home I was ready to drop. Friday morning came and there was no way I was getting up to go swimming, I was still beat. We did something Friday night which escapes me now.

Saturday morning came early. On the workout schedule was weights and running. I did the weights first then went for a 5k run. That was brutal. When I started running my legs felt dead which I guessed was still from Thursday night. Once those were done I needed to get all my chores done since I was not going to be home Sunday at all. So it was a whirlwind of baking biscuits, doing laundry, vacuuming, mopping, etc. In the midst of all that my new computer arrived but I couldn't even really stop to play with it. I got it hooked up but that was it. In the afternoon I had a mystery shopping assignment at a movie theater. Unfortunately I missed the start of the movie I was supposed to check so I had to wait around for 2 hours to catch the next one. That was wasted time I couldn't really afford.

Sunday came even earlier. I had to be way up the north shore for my bike clinic at 7 a.m. It's about an hour drive so it's out the door at 6 which means up by 5 at the latest. Ugh!!! Cycling went well. We rode for about an hour to warm up then did a time trial. I'm learning to ride in a pace line and that is scary!! The time trial was fun, it had the adrenaline filled excitement of a race. I didn't do too bad either.

Once that was over at 9, I headed home to get ready for the next event. I got home in record time and decided I could fit in a haircut. Am I crazy??? In 20 minutes I had my haircut and I headed on home. It was a quick empty the car, load up the new stuff, shower and head out. There was a bird club meeting at 12 and as president I had to be there early. Luckily I made it.

The meeting ended at 2:30 and then it was home to get ready for the next event. A birthday party. After resting a little bit, we headed out to a friends party. By 7 pm I was absolutely dead I was falling asleep over my beer. So I begged out and went home. I was in bed by 8 and sound asleep by 8:10. I was glad that the weekend was over. Going back to work is actually looking like a rest :)


Vickie said...

A busy and productive weekend. It will pay off soon.

Fe-lady said...

Wow...just reading about your whirlwind day made me tired! But don't you feel...ACCOMPLISHED? :-)

I'm done

 I fall into old habits pretty easily. I guess because they are something I'm used to even if they don't really work for me anymore....