Sad news

One of the students that I teach passed away last night. She was 16 years old.  She was having trouble breathing and it got bad enough that her parents took her to the ER.  The ER Doc wanted to do a scan of her throat and when she laid down on the table her esophagus collapsed and they could not revive her.  How unbelievably sad. To lose your child on Christmas.  OMG!! I can't even begin to imagine how her parents must be feeling. Talk about ruining Christmas.... It will forever be a sad time for them.

Over the holidays things like this really seem to stand out. This is supposed to be a time of joy and sharing and then something like this happens. When children are little most parents understand the importance of child safety,you look for things like child proof containers, car safety seats, child proof locks on doors and cabinets, things like that. But as children get older your safety concerns shift. Now you start thinking about the people they hang out with, drugs, alcohol, driving, etc. To lose a child from a relatively harmless breathing problem. Unbelievable. All we want to do is keep our kids safe no matter how old they are. Apparently that is just not possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just popping in for a

Seriously weak upper body

My first CrossFit experience