This is something I need to work on. I have a tendency to overplan and then fail on the follow through. Or I don't plan at all and think I can wing it. I need to master this basic skill of planning appropriately. With my food during the week I'm actually pretty good. I pack my breakfast and lunch at home and I usually manage to stay within reasonable limits. Then all I have is the food with me so I tend to eat okay. It's at night and weekends that I need to work on the food and the activity. I need to work on that and I need to start right now. I do find that if I plan things tend to fall into place. If I have a definite plan in place I generally stick to it. Also, I'm a creature of habit. If I start doing something the momentum will keep me going. Years ago I discovered that I was not like most people. Most people start off strong and all gung-ho and then tend to slack off towards the end. I'm the exact opposite. I have a tough time getting going but once I'm doing it I tend to keep doing it longer than most people. So I need to develop a plan and schedule it in and just force myself to start going.
So here is the new plan that starts today.
- Saturday is the day my WW week starts so Saturday will be the day my week starts.
- I will log all my food. I have no reason not to. I have an app on my phone, I have pen and paper, I have zero reason not to log everything I eat. So I will.
- I will weigh and measure everything I eat this week. I may not do this forever but for this week I will. Weigh, measure, log.
- I am going to run. At least 3 days a week, one of which will be a weekend. The general plan is to run long on Sunday mornings, then run at least 3 miles on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday night. Saturday will be for walking or playing the Wii :) This way I will run on Friday and have 36 hours of rest before my long run on Sunday and 30+ hours of rest after. My long runs are not going to be so incredibly long that 30ish hours isn't enough to recover.
- On the days I don't run I'm going to work out with weights. I have books upon books, not to mention DVDs with all kinds of training programs in them and weights. There is no reason at all why I can't do weights at home. They don't have to be an hour long, structured program - just a few moves on nights I don't run.
I'm trying not to make this too hard on myself. If I make the plan too difficult I won't follow through on it. I'm trying to make it reasonable to get myself back on track with the working out stuff. So there's my plan. Today, being Saturday, is the beginning of it all. I had thought I'd run this morning but as I worked this out I decided not to. I am going to do some dancing with the Wii later though :)
Post a Comment