07 May 2023

The rest of the week went well

 After destressing here on Wednesday, the rest of the week was pretty good. I got all the things done that I needed to get done and then some. School went well and everything is back to normal. 

Mentally, I have already moved on to summer. I can't quite do that yet as I still have a few weeks of school left, but I can't help it, I'm out. I am struggling with what to do these last 2 weeks. I have something for Monday/Tuesday and possibly Wednesday/Thursday but the remaining days I just have nothing. We can't review for a week. These guys can barely review for 1 class period. I had thought of doing fun labs, but honestly, do I want to? I don't know. But I need to decide because it is here. 

In other news, I have not worked out much this week because of my right shoulder. It's really been painful. I'm not sure what the heck is going on, but I think I may need to have it looked at. Also, my left controller is acting up and it makes working out really, really difficult. I'm going to look at it today and if I can't fix it, I'm going to order another one. 

I'm very excited about having my cataract surgery. My vision is steady declining. I have a hard time seeing anything out of my right eye and that is really my dominant eye. I'm looking forward to not having to wear glasses. I've worn glasses or contacts since I was 9 or 10, so I'm very excited to be able to finally ditch them. I'm also excited that I get both eyes done before we head out on our road trip. So freaking excited. Scared and nervous, but super excited. 

This is my first Sunday without DMSC. I thought about them during the week, but honestly I think it's just more of a habit than anything really useful. I've just been in there so long, it's weird to be without. But the truth of the matter is that it was no longer working for me. I still get the message he's sending and I still think he's right, it's just that the way it's being delivered doesn't resonate with me anymore. So I'm on my own. Which, truthfully, is the way it should be. I can have someone tell me, you need to do this, and you need to do that, but until I find it on my own, I don't own it. 

So the day we came back from San Diego, April 17th, I developed a runny nose. I thought I might be coming down with something but it never really progressed beyond a runny, runny nose. I was blowing my nose almost constantly. That held on for a few days. Okay, a lot of days. During the craft fair on the 29th, I had taken a Zyrtec because it was so bad and I decided it might be allergies. Well, it finally started to clear up this past week. On Wednesday I realized that I felt completely normal for the first time in weeks. Yay, thought it was gone. Wrong. Yesterday I woke up to a runny, runny nose and I was sneezing and blowing my nose all day. Are you F**** kidding me???? I was pretty miserable. Ended up being a lazy, lazy day as I tried to kick whatever the hell it was that was bothering me. I think it's allergies. Because why would it go away and then come back? So I'm going to start taking Zyrtec every day and see if that helps keep it in check. This is crazy. For the past little bit, we have slept with the bedroom door open. Then on Friday night we didn't open it because it was getting so cold at night. Then I woke up on Saturday with my nose a hot mess. Slept with the door open last night and not a problem. They say if you have allergies that you should not sleep with the windows open, but I'm having the exact opposite experience. Weird.. 

Alright, that's it. I'm going to go shower and walk Maverick and then get to working on my craft stuff. Hubby is golfing and today will be a craft day. Woot!! Woot!!!!

No comments:

And we are done.....

 School is over for another year. It was rough year and I'm not exactly sure why. What I do know is that I'm going to work over the ...