25 May 2009
Happy Memorial Day
Here's a great article I found over at CNN, Ten facts about Memorial Day:
1. It started with the Civil War
2. General Logan made it official
3. It was first known as Decoration Day
4. The holiday is a franchise
5. It was James Garfield's finest hour -- or maybe hour-and-a-half
6. Not even the Unknown Soldier can avoid media scrutiny these days
7. Vietnam vets go whole hog
8. Memorial Day has its customs
9. There is still a grey Memorial Day
10. Each Memorial Day is a little different
These are all explained in detail but you have to go to the article to read it. Have a fun and safe Memorial Day and remember why we celebrate.
at May 25, 2009
One of the things I miss about writing in this blog is the navel gazing aspect. I worked a whole lot of things out just by writing here a...
I am walking on my treadmill at the moment. It is 5:30 a.m. and I really want to do another 5 minutes or so. I started my 2nd week of WW o...
I feel like I'm in a freefall with food. I have not been able to get a grasp on my eating these last couple of days. A large part of ...
This week has been so stressful, it is insane. I generally try hard to keep stress in my life to a minimum, and generally do pretty well wi...